RETTEW is on the search for an experienced and dedicated Senior Engineer to join our Transportation Team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing bridge design projects across multiple disciplines, providing guidance and expertise to junior team members, as well as cultivating relationships with new and existing clients. If you’re looking to take your engineering career up a notch in a top 500 engineering firm– this could be it! We are looking for a highly skilled bridge engineer with expertise in the dynamic design and development of composite steel-concrete, prestressed concrete bridges, retaining walls and box culverts. Bonus points if you have experience leveraging 3D modeling software to bring projects from concept through construction! Experience conducting hydrologic and hydraulic study is also desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer registration in Pennsylvania (PA), Ohio (OH) or West Virginia (WV).
- At least 10 to 20 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and technical knowledge in bridge engineering familiarity with PennDOT, ODOT or WVDOH standards preferred.
- Prequalification with ODOT is preferred but not required.
- Expertise in the principles and practices of roadway design including pavement design, geometric design, bridge design and structural design.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable state/federal standards and regulations for roadways.
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D is necessary.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while meeting all deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to quickly identify solutions to technical issues is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; able to effectively communicate with both internal staff and external clients.
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower each and every employee – arming them with the tools they need in order to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives it allows us form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
- Generous Medical, Vision and Dental insurance packages
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Paid Time Off (with cash-in priviledges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to job role
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year for approved educational courses
- Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
- Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!