RETTEW seeks a dynamic, client-focused Civil Engineer to join our Municipal Team as a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager with the Municipal Team at RETTEW, you will work with, and as an extension of, our Township and Borough clients. Supported by our diverse staff providing 600+ technical services, you will work collaboratively with our clients to address their planning and infrastructure needs. All municipalities have different needs but may include streets, traffic, bridges, storm sewers, stormwater management, MS4, parks and recreation, funding/grants, zoning, and GIS/mapping. You will also oversee the review of subdivision and land development plans for compliance with the Municipal planning documents and Ordinances. Please note that background and experience in civil engineering are NECESSARY to be eligible for this position.
In addition to having a strong technical background, the ideal candidate will play an integral role in the continued growth of RETTEW’s Municipal Engineering team in the Lancaster/Lebanon region. This role will assist with marketing and growing RETTEW’s services for municipal clients throughout south-central Pennsylvania and help to recruit additional support for our municipal engineering and planning staff.
The ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Knowledge of the south-central Pennsylvania municipal and/or land development market
- Experience working as a consulting engineer for municipalities in Pennsylvania
- Ability to manage multiple municipal clients, project budgets, and a team of professionals
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills
- Maintains a presence and seeks leadership roles in professional societies and other organizations related to the municipal and land development markets
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Pennsylvania
- Developed/mature client representation skills required
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand and assess situations, make determinations, and provide feedback
- Minimum five years of successful experience and position progression in civil/municipal engineering/consulting. Experience in water/wastewater and/or land development projects a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of PAMPC as well as other federal, state, and local regulations
- Auto CAD and/or GIS experience a plus
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower each and every employee – arming them with the tools they need to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives, it allows us to form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
- Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance packages
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Paid Time Off (with cash-in privileges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to the job role
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year for approved educational courses
- Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
- Paid professional association dues are available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!