RETTEW seeks a Senior Construction Manager to support the Facilities & Construction Practice. The right candidate will have experience managing large capital projects and mechanical/structural expertise. Please ensure you meet this role’s minimum requirements before applying for the position.
You will lead the development of major and minor capital projects from conceptualization to implementation through engineering, procurement, shop fabrication, construction, and delivery. Your primary role will be to ensure that the projects are delivered safely, on time, and within budget constraints.
– Lead the development and implementation of minor and major capital projects in a steelmaking facility.
– Manage projects through conceptualization, engineering, procurement, shop fabrication, construction, and implementation. This includes preparing specifications and bidding documents, selecting and overseeing contractors, and managing project costs.
– Determine resources needed (engineering, materials, construction, etc.) to accomplish small and large capital projects, inspections, safety upgrades, and maintenance projects. This requires a strong understanding of natural gas, compressed air, oxygen, steam, and water treatment chemicals.
– Maintain extensive knowledge of the plant production processes and equipment to make informed decisions regarding repair and maintenance recommendations.
– Provide technical guidance and direction to project engineers and coordinators.
– Ensure all projects are completed safely and comply with all applicable regulations and standards.
– Collaborate closely with the client and stakeholders to ensure project goals are achieved.
– Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project requirements are met, and expectations are managed appropriately.
– Provide regular updates on project progress, including cost and schedule updates.
– Maintain a strong focus on safety and quality throughout the project lifecycle.
– At least seven years of experience with project management, procurement, scheduling, project cost control, construction, facility troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
-Eight to ten years of industrial/structural experience.
– Demonstrated knowledge of the steel industry or experience in production facilities similar to the steel industry, including operations and maintenance.
– Strong construction background is preferred to manage contractors.
– Bridge Inspector Certification or experience with structural steel inspections and stress analysis is strongly encouraged.
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is preferred.
– PE license a plus, but not required.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills.
– Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower every employee – arming them with the tools they need to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards creating meaningful public health projects that put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives allows us to form strong connections with one another and those outside the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
· ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
· Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
· Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance packages
· Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
· Paid Time Off (with cash-in privileges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
· Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
· Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
· 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
· Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
· Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to the job role
· Tuition reimbursement for approved educational courses
· Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
· Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success! #zr