RETTEW is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Senior Project Manager to provide leadership and technical expertise to our Facilities and Construction Engineering Practice. The ideal candidate will provide the electrical group’s strategic vision, manage and engage the electrical staff, assure delivery of exceptional quality projects and services to RETTEW clients, and lead the growth and development of the Electrical Group within the Facilities and Construction Engineering Practice.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, bidding, and building projects related to Industrial, Water/Wastewater, Solar and BESS systems. This includes preparing designs, plans, specifications, and cost estimates for low and medium voltage switchgear and distribution systems, lighting and general power, fire alarm, closed circuit television, intrusion detection, and communication systems. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for scheduling and tracking budgets between multiple disciplines and client contacts and designing systems for water and wastewater systems as well as Solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience with SKM Power Tools for use with breaker/relay settings, arc fault studies, load flow analysis, AC and DC fault analysis. You will also be responsible for preparing proposals for electrical designs, leading a team and providing mentoring for other team members, providing technical support and design direction, performing site surveys and providing construction support on projects, and providing contractor coordination for construction management, shop drawing reviews and punch lists. Knowledge of applicable codes relevant to the job, such as the National Electrical Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes, is also required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a consulting engineer.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license required.
- Knowledge of the regulations and standards associated with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other applicable codes.
- Experience with industrial power design, including medium (up to 34.5KV and 69KV preferable) and low voltage electrical power distribution, motor control, VFD’s, lighting systems, equipment layout and related activities.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and technical drawings.
- Electrical generation design and Net-metering Utility Interconnection Application Process.
- Knowledge of electrical system components and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of computers and related engineering software such as SKM power systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues to solve complex engineering problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower each and every employee – arming them with the tools they need in order to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives it allows us form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
- Generous Medical, Vision and Dental insurance packages
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Paid Time Off (with cash-in priviledges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to job role
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year for approved educational courses
- Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
- Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!