We are seeking an Environmental Scientist 2 to join our team as our Natural Sciences Team. This professional will work on Department of Transportation (DOT) Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA) clearance documents, support DOT design and construction projects, and support fieldwork for wetlands delineations and other natural science-related projects. Please ensure you meet the requirements before applying to this position.
As an Environmental Scientist 2, you will prepare and review various NEPA documents for multi-disciplinary transportation projects, primarily in PA—support resource evaluations for the natural, cultural, and socioeconomic resources. Assist with waterway and wetland permitting, and provide field assistance with wetland delineations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Environmental Studies, or related field.
- 2-5 years of professional experience with PennDOT’s CE Expert System.
- Strong analytic skills & excellent oral and written skills.
- Periodic overnight travel
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to conduct wetland delineations and experience with Section 4(f) and environmental justice evaluations not required but a plus.
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower every employee – arming them with the tools they need to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards creating meaningful public health projects that put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives, it allows us to form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
• ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
• Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
• Generous Medical, Vision and Dental insurance packages
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
• Paid Time Off (with cash-in privileges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
• Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
• Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
• 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
• Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
• Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to job role
• Tuition reimbursement for approved educational courses
• Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
• Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!