Our growing company is searching for an experienced geologist for the position of Geotechnical Engineer to support our Environmental & Geotechnology Team. We appreciate you taking the time to review the list of qualifications and to apply for the position. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will demonstrate your ability to design and implement geotechnical field investigations, perform engineering calculations, and provide final technical quality control for the design of shallow and deep foundations, slopes retaining walls, pavements, and other earthen structures. Experience with providing consulting support during construction is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in oil and gas, transportation projects, and projects related to pipeline construction.
Hybrid options available
Benefits & Perks
- Sign on bonus
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training and Mentorships
- 100% ESOP
- Medical Vision and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off (no use it or lose it)
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) with company match
- Cultural celebrations
- Regular forums on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Paid registration and certification exam fees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association dues
At RETTEW, we empower our employee-owners to rethink what’s possible. When you meet our team, you will find creators, visionaries and problem-solvers designing exciting solutions for our clients. Our company is 100% employee-owned, and we proudly work on projects that protect public health, promote environmental stewardship, and deliver sustainable solutions for our clients and communities.
We are proud of the culture we have built at RETTEW! We are committed to fostering a climate and culture where all differences are recognized, valued, and respected to create a sense of authentic belonging. This allows everyone the opportunity to achieve success at RETTEW, and allows individuals to fully participate in processes, activities, and decision-making in a way that shares power and responsibility.
If you have the technical expertise, drive, and collaborative mindset, RETTEW is probably a great fit for you!
The essential functions/responsibilities of the position include:
1. Project Support within Related Field
- Uses prescribed methods to perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment
- Provides entry-level technical support on projects for internal and external clients
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, and recognizes discrepancies in results
- Performs research, conducts investigations (office and field), and writes reports and opinions
- Consults project staff about regulations concerning project issues; researches applicable regulations
- As applicable develops and completes applications, permits, and specifications for projects
- Follows tasks through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- As directed performs design portion on assigned project
2. File Management and Technical Support
- Uses standard programs to complete project and administrative deliverables
- Uses image libraries when original design is not required