We are searching for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer or Geologist for the position of Project Manager to support our Environmental & Geotechnology Team. Please note that a background and experience in geology or geotechnical fields IS NECESSARY to eligible for this position.
As a Geotechnical Project Manager, you will demonstrate your ability to design and implement geotechnical field investigations, perform engineering calculations, prepare geotechnical investigation reports, and provide final technical quality control for the design of shallow and deep foundations, slip/landslide investigations, slopes, retaining walls, pavements, and other earthen structures. Experience with providing consulting support during construction is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in oil and gas, commercial/industrial development projects, and projects related to pipeline construction.
We need a collaborative team player who can establish strong professional relationships. Someone who loves to tackle challenges creatively and doesn’t shy away from thinking outside of the box. An asset that can handle pressure, work well with a team, and has a keen eye for detail.
- Manage multiple clients and coordinate project teams to provide project support within related fields.
- Represent organization in professional societies and other organizations.
- Conduct research, investigations, write reports and consult on project issues, as needed.
- Develop applications, permits and specifications, and complete projects with a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Utilize standard programs to complete project deliverables and use image libraries for original designs.
- BS in Civil/Geology/Geotechnical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience
- PE license in PA, OH, or WV a plus, but not required
- Business development potential a plus
- Strong technical background, proven experience leading and delivering projects
- Experience and enjoyment in managing and mentoring staff and sub-consultants
- Experience working as a consulting geologist/engineer in various markets.
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills.
- Auto CAD and/or GIS experience a plus
- Some regional travel is required
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower each and every employee – arming them with the tools they need in order to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives it allows us form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
- Generous Medical, Vision and Dental insurance packages
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Paid Time Off (with cash-in priviledges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to job role
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year for approved educational courses
- Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
- Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!