RETTEW is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Safety Technician to join our Health, Safety, and Environment Team in Mechanicsburg, PA. As part of our Safety Consulting project team, the Safety Technician will be responsible for independently evaluating and selecting standard techniques and procedures to support our projects. The technician will use their judgment and knowledge when making minor modifications to assignments, which will typically have clear and specific objectives. Assistance will be provided for any unusual problems that arise, and the technician’s work will be reviewed to ensure the application of sound judgment. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Safety Technician to help us achieve our goals and make a positive impact.
Responsibilities of the Safety Technician include:
- Evaluation of workplaces and construction sites for safety compliance.
- Industrial hygiene monitoring including noise dosimetry and airborne contaminants.
- Providing various forms of training and training assistance.
- Preparation of inspection forms, report writing and Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Evaluation of worksites to identify applicable regulations, unsafe conditions and corrective actions.
- Development and completion of applications, permits, and specifications for projects.
- Coordination with different staff to complete projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or no degree and at least six years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge of Excel and other data analysis software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly in both formal and informal settings
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to complete tasks accurately and within deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Knowledge of market trends, economic conditions, financial markets, products and services
- Ability to build relationships with clients, peers, team members, supervisors and other stakeholders
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower each and every employee – arming them with the tools they need in order to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives it allows us form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Perks & Benefits:
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
- Generous Medical, Vision and Dental insurance packages
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Paid Time Off (with cash-in priviledges, and no use it or lose it) and Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to job role
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year for approved educational courses
- Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
- Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!