- Lancaster, Mechanicsburg, Lehigh Valley, Pittsburgh, Conshohocken, Williamsport, State College, PA or Akron-Canton, OH
- In-office or hybrid options are available
As a Senior I&C/Electrical Engineer, you will be capable of leading, scheduling, and developing proposals for various projects with a focus in large power distribution. Project examples include Municipal design for Water and Wastewater plants, grid-tied and behind the meter stored energy battery projects, large grid-tied and behind the meter solar array projects, as well as digester gas to electric projects.
This job offers competitive compensation including signing bonuses, flexible work arrangements, and comprehensive benefits.
At RETTEW we empower our people to rethink what’s possible. When you meet our team, you will find creators, visionaries and problem-solvers designing exciting solutions for our clients. Our company is 100% employee-owned, and we proudly work on projects that protect public health, promote environmental stewardship, and deliver sustainable solutions for our clients and communities.
RETTEW offers training, mentorship, and flexible work options to constantly strive to improve ourselves so we can better support our clients, communities, and each other. If you have the technical expertise, drive, and collaborative mindset, RETTEW is probably a great fit for you!
- Design electric power systems (15kV and 600V and below) including One line drawings, three line diagrams, Aux AC Power Systems, DC Power Systems, DC Schematics, SCADA and Communications Systems, Relay Panel Layouts, Motor Control Center sizing and selection, Equipment Wiring, and Cable Schedules for new and existing facilities
- Responsible for design of control systems, field instrumentation and instrumentation (I&C) equipment and all mechanical packages/systems I&C components for projects supporting the Company’s power business
- Design relay protection schemes and develop settings for electronic and electro-mechanical protective relays
- Have experience with NFPA 820 for various equipment classifications.
- Have design experience with and be familiar with layout drawings including, plan and elevations, grounding, grounding details, raceway, raceway details, cable lists, and material lists on new and existing facilities
- Prepare equipment specifications for substation equipment, components, and construction
- Prepare calculations and reports
- Assist with the development of planning documentation, project scopes, schedules, budgets, technical analyses, status reports, briefs, etc., in support of design
- Have experience managing projects and mentoring junior engineers while completing the project scope within schedule and budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering at an ABET accredited school.
- Professional Engineer License in PA required
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in controls design, engineering and project management within power and utility industry
- Designed Instrumentation and Controls for projects utilizing 480VAC, 15KVAC and larger
- Extensive experience with control systems equipment, testing procedures and methodologies.
- Very knowledgeable of fluid processes, instrument measuring technologies, installation practices, etc.
- Must have experience preparing detailed proposals
- Experience in the creation of quality technical solutions and the design delivery of major power delivery projects
- Design team and project management experience, ability to delegate work and train junior staff
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% ESOP
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off (no use it or lose it)
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee assistance program
- 401(k) with company match
- Cultural celebrations
- Regular forums on DE&I
- Paid registration and certification exam fees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid professional association dues
Apply NOW! Tell a friend! Share to your network!
RETTEW provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled