RETTEW is seeking a strong candidate to fill a Senior Designer 1 position to support our Land Development Team in Region 3. Prior land development engineering site design experience is necessary for this position. Please ensure that you meet these qualifications before you apply.
As a Senior Designer 1 at RETTEW, you will provide detailed AutoCAD Civil3D-based files for the permitting and constructing of development projects across several regions and markets. The candidate will work within a project team alongside our engineering and other technical divisions to design constructible plans that meet client expectations and local requirements. This position will support our Residential, Commerical, Industrial, and Energy market projects in our West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, and/or Ohio region.
The primary duties for this position will be to work with the project team on AutoCAD Civil3D design to prepare permit-level and construction-level drawings for our clients. Candidate should be proficient with the advanced functions of Civil3D, including but not limited to Cut/Fill Balance, 3d Surfaces, PipeNetwork, Corridor Design, Autoturn, and Spot grading.
• Create complex drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Communicate and collaborate with the project team.
• Review local, county, and state ordinances and design guidance documents as well as client specifications and design guidelines (when applicable).
• Work with the project team to prepare (but not limited to) Sketch Plans, Conceptual Plans, Subdivision and Land Development Plans, and Construction Drawings. This effort would include, but not be limited to:
o Detailed grading and cut fill balancing using 3D surfaces.
o Utility plan and profile layouts using PipeNetwork and other tools.
* Setting initial design elevations in conjunction with the engineering team.
* Set specific pipe network styles for our design.
o Roadway and parking layout and profiles.
* Utilize 3D grading tools, including Corridor design.
* Utilize AutoTurn for roadway design.
o Detailed grading exercises (i.e., Spot grading for ADA compliance)
o Stormwater and Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans and details.
o Quantity takeoffs for cost estimating.
o Work would be performed across several different markets including, but not limited to, Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Energy, and Utility market projects.
· Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, experience with the preparation of land development plans, grading, pipe works, erosion and sediment control plans, PCSM plans, and associated design plans. Civil 3D experience should include advanced features including but not limited to Corridor design, PipeNetwork, 3D surface design, and other associated skills.
· Experience in Land Development project development required. Specific industry experience (Traditional LD, Industrial, or Energy sector work) is a plus.
· Graduate of a two-year technical school or associate’s degree in a related field or related work experience.
· Minimum 8-10 years of design experience
· Ability to work well as a team member within and outside an office setting.
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower every employee – arming them with the tools they need to provide solutions that promote success for both clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We applaud diversity among our employees; by celebrating their various backgrounds & perspectives, it allows us to form strong connections with one another as well as those outside of the organization.
Get to know RETTEW
Perks & Benefits:
• ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
• Flexible schedules and work environments, including work-from-home opportunities for eligible positions
• Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance packages
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution and Flexible Spending Accounts available
• Paid Time Off (with cash-in privileges, and no use it or lose it), Sick Time policies; and eight paid holidays
• Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
• Employee assistance program providing free access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
• 401(k) with company match for eligible employees
• Regular forums on diversity topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
• Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to the job role
• Tuition reimbursement for approved educational courses
• Free training opportunities through RETTEW Online University
• Paid professional association dues available
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!