RETTEW seeks a Subsurface Utility Locator/Geophysical Specialist to support our highly dynamic and specialized Geophysics and Subsurface Utility Engineering (GP/SUE) team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and qualified candidate. Please ensure you meet the requirements listed below before applying for the position.
- We are looking for a candidate who can perform the following responsibilities:
- Review and comprehend utility as-builts, construction plans, and site schematics.
- Conduct subsurface utility designating utilizing shallow geophysical methods.
- Survey utility markings and site features with GPS/GNSS equipment
- Coordinate and direct subcontractors in the field.
- Ability to write daily field and site investigation reports; prepare utility schematics and photo exhibits using the provided software and templates.
- Ability to work independently and diagnose complex utility environments.
- Travel overnight when necessary
- Embrace cross-training with parallel in-house technical disciplines (geophysics, survey, etc.) and learn new technology and new skill sets quickly.
- High School Diploma, Associate, or Bachelor Degree
- 2-5 years experience performing utility locates SUE Quality Level B (QLB) and Quality Level A (QLA) investigations preferred.
- Experience with the following SUE QLB/geophysical methods is desired: electromagnetic, metal detection, GPR, push rodding, concrete scanning, thermal imaging, and CCTV inspection of sanitary and storm sewer systems; we will provide additional training as needed.
- NASSCO PACP, LACP, and MACP certification a plus
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are critical
- Experience with subcontractor oversight
- Test hole investigation experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly motivated
- Highly competitive compensation package
At RETTEW, our mission is to empower every employee – arming them with the tools they need to provide solutions that promote success for our clients and communities. As a 100% employee-owned company, we all work together towards a common goal of creating meaningful public health projects which put environmental stewardship first. We prioritize safety and quality culture to safeguard the well-being of our employees and achieve project success. We applaud diversity among our employees, celebrating their various backgrounds and perspectives, which allows us to form strong connections with one another.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous sign-on bonus
- ESOP – 100% employee-owned company
- Flexible work environments
- Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance packages
- Paid Time Off (no use it or lose it)
- Life insurance and disability coverage for full-time employees
- Employee assistance program providing access to counseling services and financial advice as needed
- 401(k) with company match contributions for eligible employees
- Regular forums on diversity, equity, & inclusion topics led by company leadership, experts, and allies
- Paid registration and certification exam fees for applicable courses relating to the job role
- Tuition reimbursement for approved educational courses
- Paid professional association dues are available for certain membership levels
Join the RETTEW family today! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. From race to religion, gender identity, and more – our doors remain open for everyone looking for meaningful employment opportunities. Let’s work together toward success!