“Oh, the weather outside is frightful!”
In the past few weeks, much of the U.S. has been blanketed by sub-freezing temperatures.
Many of us, including RETTEW’s technical experts in the field, work outdoors nearly every day.
Even when it’s not below freezing, winter air and temperatures can be dangerous. Follow our safety tips to make sure you’re safe and warm:
- Wear several layers of loose-fitting clothing
- Wear gloves that adequately protect against cold
- Install hard hat liners that cover your ears
- Take frequent breaks in a warm area away from wind and precipitation
- Avoid caffeinated beverages like coffee or energy drinks
- Eat high-calorie foods before work
- Bring a change of clothes, especially socks and footwear, to job sites
- Replace wet clothing immediately
- Wear cotton or synthetic fibers against your skin to wick away sweat