Water is essential to many industrial processes and power operations — and, of course, clean drinking water is crucial to our well-being. Whether locating a lake or stream for an oil and gas operation, finding a prime well location for a public utility, or identifying an intake for a manufacturing operation, resourcing water is a highly technical process, and one that involves many regulations.
An integrated engineering firm, RETTEW is home to many service groups and professionals that aid in the water sourcing process: geologists, hydrogeologists, environmental engineers, surveyors, GIS mapping technicians, stormwater development specialists, and site planners.
Water sourcing has its share of regulatory hurdles, and planning must be done months, if not years, in advance. RETTEW excels in helping our clients through the review and permitting process and keeps source water/water withdrawal projects moving. Our clients tell us they appreciate our staff’s ability to explain often confusing and complex processes and regulations in a straightforward way. When you partner with RETTEW, you benefit from our relationships with permitting agencies, which means your project can get the green light and, thus, off the ground more quickly.
Water Source Development Specialties:
- Aquifer Test Plans for Groundwater Supply Wells
- Aquifer Testing for Groundwater Supply Wells
- Groundwater Supply Well Installation
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Groundwater Well Siting and Feasibility Studies
- Hydrogeologic Report Preparation for Groundwater Sources in Support of DEP PWS and SRBC Permitting
- ODNR Oil and Gas Water Source Registrations
- PA DEP Oil and Gas Water Management Plans
- PA DEP Public Water Supply (Community and Noncommunity) Source Development and Permitting
- SRBC Groundwater Withdrawal, Surface Water Withdrawal, Consumptive Use, Into- and Out-of-basin Diversion, and Withdrawal Renewal Permitting
- Surface Water Intake Siting and Streamflow Evaluations
- WVDEP Water Management Plans