A property’s condition is important to the health and safety of everyone and everything around it. Leaks, spills, buried wastes, soil types, and water impacts can not only have adverse effects on the environment, but also to your company and your business decisions. Protecting your assets is serious business, and RETTEW’s GeoEnvironmental team has the expertise and insight to help prevent and mitigate contamination incidents. We can use our skills for property you already own, or property you and your company may want to purchase.
Environmental due diligence—the process of assessing a property for contamination risk—is a critical step in any development project, especially in the energy and industrial markets. Our team of environmental experts can investigate and evaluate your site and uncover potential environmental liabilities before you buy, build, or expand.
Our GeoEnvironmental team can also help you better identify and manage hazardous materials and prepare for the unexpected, such as formulating a spill contingency plan or hazardous materials sampling and abatement plan. In the event our due diligence identifies a problem, RETTEW excels in subsurface investigation, characterization, and remediation strategies following appropriate state and federal regulations.
Our GeoEnvironmental team is closely aligned with other engineering and technical specialties. Partnering with a firm as diverse as RETTEW gives you access to unparalleled and comprehensive environmental expertise, ensuring you remain safe and compliant.
- Environmental compliance (permitting, sampling, and regulatory reporting for air, waste, stormwater discharges, management of fill, groundwater, storage tanks)
- Hazardous materials surveys (lead, asbestos, PCBs)
- Hydrogeologic investigations and modeling
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA, EDDA)
- Management of fill
- Monitoring well installation and abandonment
- Remedial alternatives analysis, design, and implementation; PA Act 2
- Remediation of brownfields
- Remediation of soil and groundwater
- Spill, Emergency Response, and Contingency Planning (ERP, SPCC, PPC)
- Spill response coordination and management
- Soil and water quality sampling (wastewater, stormwater, surface water, and groundwater, including pre-drill baseline)
- Underground and above-ground storage tank permitting, inspections, and closures (UST, AST)
- Vapor intrusion assessments
- Waste management plans, permitting, and compliance reporting
- Pipeline hydrostatic test discharge monitoring/permitting
- Professional Geologist (PG) oversight of pipeline HDD
- Professional Soil Scientist services (CPSS)
- Septic and on-lot sewage facilities testing, permitting, design, and compliance (SEO)
- Stray gas investigations and mitigation