Before ground is ever broken on a development project, whether commercial, residential, or for a public utility, you must consider what federal, state, and local permits are required. The permitting process may seem time-consuming and confusing, but RETTEW’s knowledge and established agency relationships will help ensure your project moves forward quickly.
RETTEW has the best engineering and environmental staff in the state. Throughout design and permitting, we hit deadlines and completed work in [only] eight months.
Environmental investigations, analysis, reporting, monitoring, compliance, and planning play a big role in the process of taking a project, no matter what the market, from conception to implementation to completion. RETTEW’s environmental group uses the most up-to-date techniques and technology, which translates to reliable, cost-effective solutions for today’s environmental challenges. We know that keeping a project on time and on budget is critical to our clients; our deep understanding of regulations and environmental permitting, coupled with our proactive approach to risk management and around-the-clock availability, helps projects remain on track, within scope, and compliant. And because environmental regulations are constantly evolving, our team keeps apprised of developments in the field so our clients are prepared both now and in the future.
RETTEW’s multidisciplinary environmental team is made up of geologists, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, soil scientists, biologists, ecologists, and GIS and CAD technicians. Our experts assess environmental conditions and determine the best solutions for managing risk, environmental liability, and complying with regulations.
Our environmental team is a trusted, indispensable resource to the oil and gas industry, as well as major commercial, residential, transportation, and industrial development projects, especially when impacts to the environment are seemingly unavoidable. RETTEW specializes in a wide variety of environmental services from the identification of natural resources such as wetlands, high-quality streams, or endangered species, to characterizing and remediating environmental contaminants. Our environmental team helps clients avoid or reduce impacts, manage risks, all while minimizing delays in the completion of the project.
At RETTEW, we’re passionate about our clients’ vision — and are compassionate toward the environment. Together, we can bring development projects to life.
Our Environmental Specialties:
Environmental Due Diligence and Remediation
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Hazardous Materials Surveys (Asbestos, Lead, PCB, Mercury)
- Remediation of Soil and Groundwater
- Spill Coordination and Management (Rapid Response)
- Underground and Above-Ground Storage Tank Closures/Permitting
- Vapor Intrusion Assessments, Sampling, and Mitigation
Environmental Permitting, Planning, and Compliance
- SPCC/PPC/Emergency Response Plans
- NPDES Permitting/Stormwater Monitoring
- Hydrostatic Discharge Permitting/Monitoring
- Septic and On-lot Sewage Facilities Testing, Permitting, Design, and Compliance Monitoring
- Water Quality Sampling (Wastewater, Stormwater, Surface Water, and Groundwater Including Pre-drill Baseline)
- Solid, Residual, and Hazardous Waste Permitting and Compliance Reporting
- Environmental Services
- Bog Turtle Habitat Assessments
- Dam Removals
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Stream and Wetland Encroachment Permitting
- Stream Restoration Design and Permitting
- Threatened and Endangered Species Survey and Coordination
- Wetland Delineation and Mitigation