A new subdivision. An expanded college campus. A new shopping center.
New residential and commercial developments must connect to public utility lines, such as sewer, gas, water, and wastewater. RETTEW helps our clients add power and services to new and existing neighborhoods and commercial developments.
RETTEW has been proactive in the City’s water and wastewater utilities; a valuable technical resource for improving our operations.
A multidisciplinary engineering firm, RETTEW offers expansive, integrated services related to utility design, including environmental investigations, surveying, subsurface utility engineering, pipeline routing, wetland delineation, and water and wastewater treatment design. This seamless collaboration between service groups means utility design projects are thorough and streamlined. Upfront planning and collaborative decision making allow us to make changes before a project is underway, resulting in a quality product, affordable to the end user.
Utility design also encompasses planning for growth and technological advances. RETTEW can help existing developments upgrade to more efficient and cost-effective utility systems, such as implementing cleaner energy solutions or expanding sewer lines to areas with failed septic systems.
At RETTEW, we actively participate in regulatory and legislative work, which means we’re always up to date with the ever-changing requirements. You can rely on us for powering and supporting your clients and communities.
Utility Design Specialties:
- Act 537 Planning
- Alternative Waste Handling Permitting
- Engineer of Record
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Hydraulic Modeling
- Industrial Water and Wastewater System Permitting, Design, and Compliance
- Infiltration and Inflow Analysis
- Pipeline Route Design, Route Selection, and Right-of-Way Coordination
- Pumping System Design
- Rate Studies and Tapping Fees
- Surface Water Intake Design
- Wastewater Collection, Conveyance, and Treatment
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Training