Keller’s Covered Bridge Relocation

Built in 1873 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, Keller’s Covered Bridge stood on Rettew Mill Road in Ephrata Township for nearly 140 years. When it came time to replace the bridge with a structure that better met modern-day transportation needs, County and Township officials needed to preserve historic Keller’s Covered Bridge — the only white-painted covered bridge in Lancaster County.

Lancaster County, Ephrata Township, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission reached an agreement — the first ever of its kind in Pennsylvania — whereby they disassembled the covered bridge, stored it off site, and reconstructed it on Middle Creek Road, replacing a steel truss bridge that closed in 1990. The relocation allows Keller’s Covered Bridge to maintain its listing on the National Register of Historic Places and remain part of Lancaster County’s covered bridge history.

RETTEW NEWSROOM

Check out our latest updates on industry trends, corporate news, employee accomplishments, and community support.

Go to Newsroom

Corporate News, Project Update, Services

RETTEW Geophysics Expert Plays Key Role in Developing Landmine Solution

Through a nearly $1 million grant from NATO’s Science for Peace and Security Programme, RETTEW geophysicist and Franklin…

Read More

Uncategorized

Traveling to the Job Site – Without the Travel!

By Ryan Mastowski Project Manager, Land Development Akron-Canton Office RETTEW is constantly using new technology to help solve…

Read More